Thursday, June 05, 2008

Expelled the Movie: Expanded Theatrical Release in US This Summer

You have probably read elsewhere that Expelled won in the copyright infringement suit by Yoko Ono about the use of the song "Imagine."

This part of the press release caught my eye:
“We are happy that Judge Stein has removed this legal impediment to our continued distribution of Expelled,” said Logan Craft, chairman and executive producer of Premise Media. “Yoko Ono attempted to stifle free speech. We look forward to the movie’s Canadian release on June 27, our expanded theatrical run in the U.S. this summer, and its DVD release this fall.”

The film is currently the #12 highest grossing documentary of all time, and is getting pretty close to the top 10. An expanded release in theatres this summer may push it over the top. I know a lot of people who wanted to see it but couldn't.

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2008 7:04 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Mr. Selden;
I have just written an essay that you may be interested in regarding Prof. Richard Dawkins’ fundamentalism.
I did not just want to impose and write a comment linking to it.
I would prefer to give you the opportunity to email me, if you wish, so that I could send you a link and see what you think.
Thanks for your time and attention,
Mariano
rddbug@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home