Saturday, May 10, 2008

Darwin, Hitler and Eugenics

The connection between Darwinian theory and Nazi ideology, drawn out in the film Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, is still a hot topic in the blogosphere. I wish I had more time to devote to this, and I hope to write a few more posts on this topic.

What has become clear to me in reading comments by various people is that you cannot evaluate this issue unless you have read a significant amount about the history of the worldwide eugenics movement from the late 19th century until 1945, including original sources.

For now, in case it was overlooked because of the title, I simply want to point my readers to my post "Expelled the Movie and the History of the Eugenics Movement" and all the links contained in it.

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lawrence,
I found your blog when googling the quote from the Carrie Buck sentence by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes: "Three generations of imbeciles are enough."

Nice blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home