Friday, October 28, 2005

Standing Up To the Darwinian Thought Police

Another note on the subject of my last two posts, based on this report by the Washington Post. I believe that the American people will admire the bravery of the Kansas school board in standing up to such heavy handed tactics. These kinds of cynical reprisals must also make people wonder: how many other scientists doubt macroevolutionary theory, but are too nervous to speak out? The Darwin Only lobby is creating a climate of pressure and intimidation.

* * *

Another thought: the Post article states that the National Academy of Sciences was chartered by Congress to advise it on science matters. This makes me wonder- do they have the authority to discriminate against a specific state in this manner? Do they really own and control all these copyrights? Is there any Congressional oversight?


3 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very good news. Its high time we got these propaganistic pseudo-science books out of the class room. Now we can present all the science that says evolution is impossible.

 
At October 28, 2005 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There isn't any scientific evidence that evolution is impossible. If there were such evidence, then evolution would be impossible, and scientists would state unequivocally that evolution is impossible.

What I have yet to hear is any evidence FOR intelligent design. The only argument I have heard is that life is too complex for Evolution (which isn't an argument FOR ID, it is an argument against evolution). Why don't you present some actual evidence. You don't have to write it all out for me, just point me in the right direction.

Let me state again: I am looking for evidence FOR Intelligent Design, not evidence AGAINST evolution.

 
At November 01, 2005 3:58 AM, Blogger littleandy said...

TJ is right, the IDs and creationists don't have any argument for their theory (well, it's no theory at all, it's a dogma), so until they present me some good evidence, I will trust in science.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home