Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Kitzmiller Update 1

The latest from the Washington Post is here and here.

Michael Powell seems to be holding to the traditional selective-and-therefore-unreliable reporting that characterizes much of the mainstream media. Based on the reporting of Powell, the Plaintiff's are scoring all the points and the Defense is striking out. If the mainstream media keep it up, they will end up like the dinosaurs. Maybe Powell will top off his reporting by writing a sequel to Inherit the Wind.

Therefore, I will again point readers to the updates by Jonathan Witt and others.

2 Comments:

At September 28, 2005 12:30 PM, Blogger Ed Darrell said...

Consensus among scientists, educators and policy makers familiar with the issue whose comments I've seen are that the Post has been scrupulously accurate in this trial.

If one rejects much of modern science, however, I suppose it would look like a bias.

 
At September 29, 2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Lawrence Selden said...

Ed, you completely missed my simple point. His reporting was selective. I did not accuse him of inaccuracy. If you tell half the story accurately, you are not a reliable reporter in my opinion.

Your suggestion that I reject "much of modern science" is inaccurate, and has no basis in a fair reading of my blog. I note that off-point ad hominem attacks seem to be quite popular with the Darwin Only lobby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home