Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bad Arguments Convince Me

Bad arguments in support of macroevolutionary theory have contributed to my skepticism. Of course, it is not the bad arguments themselves that convince me, but the lack of good arguments. However, the constant reliance on bad arguments by proponents of macroevolutionary theory indicates to me that there are no better arguments to be made.

Here is an example relating to judging intelligent design on the basis of articles in peer reviewed scientific publications:
To sum up, science journals that are wedded to Darwinian evolution refuse to publish authors who explicitly advocate intelligent design. Then Darwinists attack intelligent design as unscientific because it isn't published in peer-reviewed journals. As Borat might say, "very nice."

Are we living a Borat movie? Or perhaps in a Joseph Heller novel? This kind of logic may seem comical, but it is actually used in some form by many mainstream scientists.

By the way, there actually have been peer reviewed books and articles published that support ID.

The quote above is from a post that discusses a series of posts on the peer review system in science. I have not read the entire series, so I cannot comment further on that.

I discuss whether ID is science in my previous post "Is It Science? Does It Matter?"

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2006 4:44 PM, Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

It is circular reasoning, of course, but Darwinists have no problem with that.

 
At November 18, 2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Larry Fafarman said...

Lawrence, are you aware that blogger.com's automatic emails of comments here are being returned as undeliverable? Just thought I'd let you know.

I don't know about you, but I like the service of getting automatic emails of comments posted on my blog (unfortunately, blogger.com does not tell me where they are posted, but at least I am promptly made aware of them).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home